Monday, July 27, 2009

Ear Infection

Wiki went to the vet today for pre-surgical exam since she is getting spayed in a few weeks. They discovered an ear infection there, so she's going to be getting ear drops twice a day for the next week...sure she's going to love that. The vet and I talked a lot about food stuff because he said that yeast infections are almost always food related, but I'm hesitant to go changing her diet right away since I know how much swimming she does...seems likely to me that I just need to dry her ears out better when she gets out of the water. We shall see, though. Most importantly right now we'll just focus on getting them all better! Have to go back for a checkup in two weeks, and then she'll be spayed the week after that.

2 comments:

Rgutro July 28, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Wiki - Feel better, sweet pup! Our dogs hate the water (the dachshund runs when I say "bath time") so they haven't had an ear infection. I also clean their ears weekly with canine ear solution on a tissue. They seem to like that, though. Hope she's infection-free soon! Rob and Tom

Melanie July 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Thanks! She's been so miserable. It's like doing doggie rodeo to get the meds in her ears and then she has spent a lot of the day shaking and itching. Poor pup!

I have been cleaning her ears out with OtiRinse because she is in the water so much, but I think the infection was probably there before I really started doing it and I just didn't catch it. Going to have to do that a lot more regularly now!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP